If you have rental property (commercial or residential) in thce UK but your usual home is outside the UK (basically you are non-resident) then the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme (NRLS) will apply.
We can assist you with the following matters from a UK tax perspective:
- Registration under the NRLS to maximise cash flow advantage
- Completion of the annual Income Tax Return including consideration of transfer pricing and capital allowance matters
- Assistance with payment of income tax liabilities
- Tax planning to ensure the most appropriate structure is in place for investment properties in the UK including consideration of the new tax charges on high-value residential property
- Completion of the annual ATED Return in order to claim exemption from the charge
- Advising on Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) matters when the landlord is deemed to be a contractor under the CIS
- Advice for agents/tenants regarding their obligations under the NRLS
For more information or to arrange an initial meeting pleasecontact one of our tax specialists.
Odiri Tax Consultants